Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sketchbook Challenge

I was looking on the web for online tutorials about painting and drawing (there are thousands of links!) and I came across this interesting blog. The authors suggest a new theme each month, and the blog followers do something with that theme - draw, paint, stitch, etc. It sounded like a good way to get me drawing something new regularly, which I'm told is the way to improve my skills - practice daily! Well I just don't get time to draw every day, but once a month, yes I can do that...in addition to the painting class homework. The Sketchbook Challenge has it's own Flickr pages where the members can post photos of their new sketches each month. It is fascinating to see how everyone else has interpreted that month's theme. January's theme was Doodling, and February's theme was Close up. I chose to doodle with a red pen and lettering, which is what I do if I am mindlessly doodling - usually letters and words. Close Up was done while my cat Tiger was sitting up close to me, watching an insect or something on the ground, and I added the Mouse figure just for fun.
The theme for March is Flowers - that will be a serious challenge for me, as I am not good at all with flowers or trees!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gina,

    If we only do what we are already good at it wouldn't be a challenge (: I bet you are selling yourself short as your other work looks very accomplished. Just think of flowers as cats without paws.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Julie-Anne

    ReplyDelete