Saturday, July 18, 2015

Life Drawing Co-op 16.7.2015

Today was the first day of my 10 week Life Drawing class at the Eltham Living & Learning Centre.  We have a live model but no regular tutors.  A co-ordinator explains the timing for the model and we use whichever medium we like to draw or paint the model.  I chose graphite and charcoal today, and briefly played with watercolour.  Over the coming weeks I will experiment with pastel, watercolour, acrylic and colour pencil.
As you will see I have a long way to go in improving my perspective and anatomy of the human figure, but at the end of 10 weeks (with some practice inbetween time) I hope to be a lot better!
The first 9 sketches were warm up sketches, where the model changed her pose every two minutes. I did mine on an A5 sketch pad.










The last two were the final drawings where the model held her pose for about half an hour each time.
 These were done on an A3 sketch pad.


No comments:

Post a Comment